Wimpole 24: Countdown & Challenge Terms and Conditions
By applying for a place in either the Wimpole 24 Countdown or Challenge races you are agreeing to abide by the rules below.
There are some specific rules around the relay race which are in-keeping with UK Athletics guidelines for this sort of event. We also feel that these rules will ensure that there is a level playing field for all teams in the relay event. As with all of our events, we will review these rules throughout the year, both before and after the race takes place so welcome feedback from runners. We also reserve the right to amend any rules for the event which may become required to meet the needs of the landowner, our insurance or to improve safety.
If you are unsure about the meaning of any of these rules, please get in touch with us before race day so we can answer any questions you may have.
- Pacers and support runners are not allowed – The Countdown is a solo endurance event, and only one runner per team in the Challenge is allowed on the course at any time. This is to meet National Trust requirements.
- Look out for your fellow runners and give them all the help and support you’d wish if you were struggling yourself!
- Runners are not allowed to run with dogs as the event and conditions are not suitable.
- Runners must be 18 years of age or over to take part in either event.
- Runners can use iPods etc with headphones if they wish, but please be aware of fellow runners, marshals issuing instructions and also members of the public who may be on the course.
- Runners must obey the instruction of marshals.
- The decision of the Race Director(s) regarding the race, results or the safety of any runner is final.
- Similarly, the decision of our race medical team regarding runner safety is final.
- Runners in the Countdown event will have a dedicated area near the start and finish. This is not to be used by spectators or by runners in the Challenge.
- Any Countdown runner who has not completed the lap by the o’clock will be removed from the race. The timer’s decision is final.
- In the Challenge all laps must be completed by noon on Sunday 15th. Laps not completed by this point will not count towards the team’s total.
- The use of walking/running poles is prohibited.
- Green Space Events Ltd reserve the right to refuse or revoke entry to any runner, where they believe that accepting the entry could prejudice the event, Green Space Events Ltd, event sponsors, associates or staff. This right of refusal extends to include applications where acceptance is considered by Green Space Events Ltd to be likely to infringe upon the enjoyment of any persons connected with the event, including staff, marshals, volunteers and other runners.
- Rules may be added if and when circumstances arise. These rules are for the safety of everyone involved.
- All rules and signage of Wimpole National Trust Estate must be followed at all times.
- Race Directors reserve the right to grant a place to any runner who in their opinion, has made, or is expected to make a contribution to the overall success of the race.
- It is the runner’s responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit to participate in any of the events advertised on this site. If you have any medical conditions which may affect participation you should first consult your GP and then inform the organisers of the situation.
- It is the runner’s responsibility to ensure that they have the correct equipment required for the event and also to ensure that it is in suitable working order. The organisers will not take responsibility for injury or inability to continue caused by faulty personal equipment.
- Runners must run under their own name and bring photographic ID to registration to collect their timing chip. Any runner discovered running under an alternative name will automatically disqualify the team.
- The organisers cannot take responsibility for loss of personal possessions during the event. It is the responsibility of runners, other campers and spectators to safeguard personal possessions including in the camping areas.
- It is the runner’s responsibility to ensure that they enter their details correctly when completing event registration.
- Muling is not allowed – runners must carry their own items of food, water and any kit they may require on each lap.
- If the event is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, the organisers will attempt to reschedule, but this will be dependent on the landowner. If a suitable replacement date cannot be found, you may receive a partial refund of your entry fee, the amount to be determined by us dependent on the circumstances of the cancellation.
- In the event of cancellation of the event we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs.
- Challenge or Countdown entries may be cancelled by the entrants for a 50% refund at any time up until 31st May.
- If a member of the team for the Challenge event is no longer able to run, substitutions can be made, via SiEntries, free of charge up to one week before the event. If later than one week before the event, no substitutions can be made but the rest of the team may still run.
- If a Countdown solo runner is no longer able to run, substitutions can be made, via SiEntries, free of charge up to one week before the event. If later than one week before the event, no substitutions can be made and no refund will be offered.
- It is not permitted for anyone to on-sell entries in the event for a fee higher than the original price paid for the entry. Anyone discovered doing this will be immediately disqualified (along with their team) and banned from all future events organised by Green Space Events Ltd.
- You agree that the personal information relating to you can be stored and used by us and our event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the event.
- You agree that your personal medical information may also be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you.
- You agree that the personal information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by us and our event partners for the purposes of:
- the promotion and marketing of the Event;
- adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities;
- promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events or other community-based activities organised by our event partners.
- If you would not like us or our event partners to use your personal information other than for purposes related to your participation in the event, please email us.
- You agree that we may publish your relevant personal information as part of the results of the event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times and age category.
Green Space Events Ltd maintain the right to use images and photographs taken by their contracted photographers at any of their promoted events without informing event participants. These images may be used for promotional purposes as undertaken by Green Space Events Ltd or their sponsors.