The Countdown is a tough event. We’ve kept the rules as simple as possible.
- It is only open to solo competitors.
- Each competitor must complete one lap (and only one lap) per hour.
- The maximum running time for each lap decreases by 1 minute each hour (from 59 minutes to 36 minutes).
- The minimum resting time each lap increases by 1 minute each hour (from 2 minutes to 24 minutes).
- Competitors must complete each lap by the o’clock, judged from the timing clocks – one second past and you are not allowed to continue. The Race Directors’ decision is final.
- The only compulsory kit is a head torch,which must be used on all laps starting between 7pm and 6am and a mobile phone. In the interests of the environment no cups will be provided during the run so please bring a reusable one with you. Additional advisory kit will follow with race briefing notes.
- Marshals instructions and Terms and Conditions of the race must be followed at all times.
- Race Directors reserve the right to remove you from the race if they deem it necessary due to medical advice.
- If you time out of the Countdown, you may continue to run non-competitively at entirely your own pace, for the remainder of the 24 hours.